Monday, September 15, 2008

Camping....


Steve and I went camping this weekend. We live in Rexburg and didn't want to go far so we camped about 2 or 3 blocks from our house in a campground called Eagle Pass or something like that. We were right next to the airport, which for those of you who haven't had that wonderful experience of going away to camp, don't camp right next to an airport. My husband said that it's not a camping trip until you've forgotten something. Well, try five or six things. I drove back to the house several times to get things that we forgot. Our campground smelled like stagnant water or sewage. We couldn't decide. Around 7:00 or so we started to cook our dinner in the fire pit. We had what my family calls Pioneer Dinners or Foil Dinners. Where you have hamburger, potatoes, carrots, and whatever else you want in your dinner with mushroom soup and some spices. It was very good. Later we had the obvious smores, but we each only ate one. After we ate and set up our campsite, we watched the movie The Bucket List. For all of you who haven't seen it, go watch it. It is amazingly good. Well anyways, Rexburg gets very cold at night for those who haven't been here. I would dare to say that it is the coldest place in the United States. Having no heat, just sleeping bags is not fun at night. I woke up a couple times because i was so cold. About 3 in the morning, I woke up Steve and told him that I was cold so he couldn't sleep the rest of the night because he was worried about me and hoping that I was warm enough, which of course I wasn't, but it was nice of him to worry. I think the temperature that night got down into the 20s or 30s. And its not even winter! So we got up in the morning had breakfast, packed up, and left. We went camping a good 12 hours or so I think. My husband says it is nice to be able to get away from everything and not have to worry about homework, or chores, or anything. If 12 hours of camping can help us not to argue so much and cause less stress I say "LONG LIVE CAMPING!"

No comments: